Pages

Followers

Jul 25, 2013

Hello Friends,
I'm here today with some very exciting news...
I am Super Happy to share this news that My work will be showcased at the very talented Jessica Kephart's Blog.
http://homespunelegance.blogspot.com/2013/07/FeaturedDesignerRitiPoddar.html
It's such an honor & am so thankful to Jessica for asking me to be a part of her wonderful BLOG !! :)

Well here's a little about ME :
Name : Riti Banka Poddar, and I live in Kolkata,India. I am a Home Maker & live in a Huge Joint Family with my DH, his parents, Brother,Sil, and 2 nieces...I have been married for 8 years now.
Blog : http://alilpieceofheaven17.blogspot.in/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/riti.poddar
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/riti17/boards/

Q. When did you begin Paper Crafting ?
A. I have been crafting ever since I was  a little girl. My mum used to tell me that I was prolly born with a pair of scissors, glue & paint brush in my hand. ROFL !
As a kid and even now I have always gifted my friends & dear ones with handmade cards & Gifts, altered items for their Birthdays, Wedding Anniversaries & other such Occasions. For all the festivals we celebrate I have always decorated my home. Since my Childhood I have enjoyed every bit of my passion for crafting and would wanna continue to do so in every form !

Q. Do You have a preferred technique ?
A. I like to experiment with almost anything that I can get hold of. I don't follow any specific method or technique. I just believe in going with the flow. And I enjoy learning each time I experiment with something new. Currently I'm thoroughly enjoying Mixed Media where the possibilities are endless.....

Q. Who is Your Favorite  Manufacturer ?
A. Now this is a Super Tough One. It's like choosing between your own kids.
ROFL... Well to name some I absolutely Love Ranger,Prima,Lindy's Stamp Gang, Design Memory Craft - Faber Castell, Fiskars,Kaiser Craft,Spellbinders,Unity Stamp Co. and Many Many More !

Q. Do You have a Crafty Crush ?
A. Well I don't know about crush... But yes I admire loads of Super Talented Crafters.. Just naming a few,
1. Tim Holtz - King Of Distress & Vintage
2. Limor Webber, 3. Ingvild Bolme  and 4. Finnabair - Queens of Mixed Media 

Q. Who or What Inspires Your Creations ?
A.  I'm inspired by just about anything and everything around me..Nature, Fabrics, Household Products etc..

Q. Music- Off/On while Crafting ?
A. Oh ! yes... I have to have Music...

Q.  Anything else You would like us to know ?
A. Just that I am ever so thankful to God for having given me the ability to see, touch, hear, feel & taste everything that HE has created. It's so BEAUTIFUL !

Also for showering upon me so much of Love, Support, understanding & Cooperation from My Husband Sourav without whom I would not have been here today! 

I wanna thank all my Friends & Co Crafters for inspiring me in every little way & encouraging me to do better. 

To all the Manufacturers, Educators, Shop Owners, etc a Big Thank You & Hug - Cause it's because of you guys that Crafters like us are surviving. I sometimes wonder what would have I done if I didn't craft ?!? 

Psssst... I have this TERRIBLE HABIT of Standing while I'm crafting. I just cannot make myself to SIT & Craft. Even if I'm crafting for long hours I stand & work !! Does that happen to anyone else?? Am I NORMAL ?






I came up with these 2 cards,
here's the First One...



Supplies Used :
Cardstock : Fabriano (Elle Erre)
Spellbinder Dies : Decorative Labels Eight
                               Floral Ovals
                               Classic Ovals
Tim Holtz Alterations Die : Caged Bird
Pattern Paper : Zephyr Collection by Prima 
Baby Blue Rhinestones : Local Buy
Stamp : Unity Stamp Co.
Ink : Memento - Jet Black


My second Card here,





Supplies Used:
Cardstock : Fabriano (Elle Erre)
Spellbinder Dies : Decorative Labels Eight
                               Floral Ovals
                               Classic Ovals
Embossing Folder : Cherry Blossom by Darice
Cheery Lynn Dies : Olive Branches
                                 Fanciful Flourish
Distress Markers : Spun Sugar
Stamp : Unity Stamp Co.
Ink : Memento - Jet Black
Large Mulberry Rose : from my stash

Hugs,
Happy Crafting,
Riti

4 comments:

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

wow...a big congratulaionss on being honoured....very well deserved.....both d cards are equally beautiful n gorgeous...

Riti said...

thanks Shalu !!

Hussena said...

Congrats on being featured Riti ..what an honour indeed ..Both your cards are just beautiful Love the fab use of dies !

MEGHA said...

abig hug and congrats for such a pleasurable moment in your life.may all moments to be soon again n again .always love your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...